Microneedling with Radio Frequency
Microneedling reduces the appearance of wrinkles, surgical scars, stretch marks, lip lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars.
How it Works
Microneedling creates micro-injuries that are essentially making your skin think it is being damaged, which triggers the production of new collagen cells, thus helping with the skin’s rejuvenation process. The number of passes or needle depth will always depend on how your skin is reacting to the procedure. The addition of radio frequency brings added benefits. We recommend a series of 3 treatments scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart for best results.
Will it be bloody?
Generally speaking, no. But, we can add (PRP) Platelet Rich Plasma, which shortens recovery time and builds more collagen! This rejuvenation technique does require drawing your blood similar to what you would have done at your doctor’s office.
Microneedling may help address these skin-related complaints:
- Scars (surgical and injury)
- Acne scarring
- Skin pigmentation issues (hyperpigmentation)
- Stretch marks
- Loose skin, such as after weight loss
Reasons why this treatment is so popular and is here to stay:
- Little to no downtime
- Comfortable experience
- Ideal any time of the year
- Real results from a safe, natural and minimally invasive procedure
- Clinically-proven, safe and effective
- Effective for all skin colors and skin types light to dark
What to Expect
- With a little bit of topical numbing, it is quite a comfortable procedure. Once the numbing cream has taken effect, your face will be cleansed, and you are ready to start!
- The entire treatment will take around an hour for your face.
- You can expect your skin to feel dry and may flake due to an increased turnover of skin cells. A daily gentle cleanser and keeping your skin moisturized is crucial to your recovery.
- Follow SPMA post-procedure guidelines and use recommended post-recovery skincare products. SPMA offers Neova and Avene products that work beautifully post microneedling and as part of your daily skincare routine.