EXION Microneedling with Radio Frequency
Microneedling reduces the appearance of wrinkles, surgical scars, stretch marks, lip lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars.
About the Treatment
Microneedling with radiofrequency essentially creates a physical reaction of releasing several growth factors. The tiny gold tipped needles puncture your skin painlessly. Simultaneously, while penetrating the skin these needles deliver a carefully controlled amount of radiofrequency energy to stimulate migration and proliferation of fibroblasts resulting in elevated collagen production, thus helping with skin rejuvenation!
Microneedling can be used for a wide array of dermatological procedures including: Skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, acne scar improvement, skin tone and texture improvement, pore reduction, scar reduction, stretch mark reduction, double chin reduction, jowl lifting, eye brow lifting, neck lifting and hand rejuvenation.
We recommend 3-5 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart for optimal results. Results are often immediate for improved skin tone and texture; continued progress of collagen regeneration increases over time.
Benefits of Microneedling:
- Little to no downtime
- Comfortable experience
- Ideal any time of the year
- Real results from a safe, natural and minimally invasive procedure
- Clinically-proven, safe and effective
- Effective for all skin colors and skin types light to dark
Exomes, Plated, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), or Accelerated Serums can be added to your treatment to shorten recovery time and build more collagen! With the addition of Exosomes, Plated Intense Serum, PRP or Serums, clients immediately show signs of plumpness, increased circulation and glow.
PRP rejuvenation technique does require drawing your blood similar to what you would have done at your doctor’s office and applied topically throughout the treatment. Exosomes and Serums, applied similarly to the application of PRP, also offer an added skin benefit that support skins natural regeneration of collagen and elastin.
What to Expect
- The actual treatment takes between 20-45 minutes depending on the area treated, with an additional 35 minutes needed for numbing the skin.
- With a little bit of topical numbing creme, it is quite a comfortable procedure.
- Results are often immediate for improved skin tone and texture; continued progress of collagen regeneration increases over time.
Plated Skin Science.com
Pre and Post-Treatment
Prior to Treatment
Post Microneedling-RF Instructions
- A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and or irritation during and after treatment is expected. If any discomfort or irritation persists more than 24-hours, please notify SPMA.
- Do not wash the treated area for 6 hours post treatment. Gentle cleanse with hands.
- Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post-treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched (even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
- If adding the addition of a “serum” with your treatment, continue to use 2-3 times a day until the product is gone.
- If PRP is used for your treatment we recommend allowing PRP to remain on the effective area for at least 6 hours before cleansing or applying other skincare products to the area.
- During the first week following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, and avoid retinoids and products that exfoliate the skin. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- It is important to keep skin moisturized after treatment; make-up can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- You may have mild swelling and redness for 1-3 days after your treatment. Patients may apply an icepack to the irritated area for 15-minute sessions 3 to 4 times a day.
- Avoid sun exposure or use of a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks after the treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun after treatment. We recommend avoiding sun exposure especially during the hours of 10-4 when the sun is at its peak power and using tanning beds always.
- Always use a minimum of SPF 30 sunscreen to protect your skin after your treatment and anytime while in the sun.
We offer products that work beautifully post microneedling and as part of your daily skincare routine. Take care of your investment with medical grade skincare. Medical grade skincare offered by licensed professionals is FDA regulated to ensure safety and effectiveness. Medical grade skincare at SPMA are supported by scientific research and formulated for best results.