Dermaplaning is a treatment that involves using a small scapel to remove the topmost layer of skin, removing dead skin cells and peach fuzz.
How it Works
At SPMA, we use a special surgical blade to manually exfoliate the top layer of the skin to stimulate cellular turnover. It painlessly removes the outer layer of dead skin cells and soft facial hair. This can be a good option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women looking for a deep exfoliation.
Dermaplaning is ideal for people with all skin types and colors in their 30’s and beyond who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their skin. It is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects. Dermaplaning is an alternative to a chemical peel for anyone with sensitive skin.
Dermaplaning treatments can be as short as 15-30 minutes or can be part of a 60 minute facial with mask, light therapies, or chemical peel. SPMA staff can help you determine what’s best for your skin.
We recommend coming in every four weeks to maintain results and for improvements in skin tone and texture. The effects are cumulative.
Benefits of dermaplaning:
- Makeup goes on smoother and evenly
- Better penetration of skincare products, making them more effective
- Glowing, brigher complexion
What to Expect
- Dermaplaning treatments can vary from 15 to 60 minutes.
- Our dermaplaning facial incorporates a hydrating mask appropriate to each client’s skin type.
- Your results are immediate. That is one of the great things about Dermaplaning. No downtime and no waiting to look your best, perfect before an event!
- Dermaplaning has minimal side effects and downtime (you can do it over your lunch hour!)
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker
- Not everyone is a candiate for dermaplaning including clients with acne, rosacea, or hirsutism.